Young Fresh Voice for the Voiceless
Today is a new day. Pittsburg desperately needs change on the School Board and I offer a new perspective and leadership. I am passionate about my community and creating a better future in students’ lives. My roots in Pittsburg are deep - three generations of Pittsburg Pirates.
A Little Bit About Me
Some may say I am too young to run for this seat. Rather I’m hearing youth need to be represented on the Board. I will not disregard the youth’s voice but instead will bring youth, parents, teachers, and PUSD employees to the table. This year, I became a co-advisor for the Black Student Union at Pittsburg High because it is important to me that students who are disenfranchised are not only set up for success but have a support system to help guide them. I organized the Pittsburg Black Lives Matter protest on June 5th and have participated in many more across the county. I will be the board member that will answer the community and youth’s outcry for change!
Sound the Alarm!
It's Time for a Change!
My goals if elected are to close the educational gap for Black, Brown and low-income students in Pittsburg, build upon the restorative justice student disciplinary structure to provide more resources to students instead of suspending and expelling, and provide opportunities and options to high school students who decide that college may not be their path. Pittsburg needs a younger board member with a fresh perspective. A vote for Taylor Sims is a vote towards your student’s future.
Vote Yes on Prop 15
Prop 15 is a fair and balanced reform that:
1. Closes property tax loopholes benefiting wealthy corporations.
2. Cuts small business taxes.
3. Reclaims billions every year to invest in our schools and local communities.
4. Exempts homeowners, renters, small businesses and agricultural land so they continue to be protected by Prop 13.
5. Prioritizes transparency and accountability by requiring public disclosure of all new revenues and how they are spent.
Just 10% of California’s most expensive nonresidential commercial properties account for 92% of Prop 15’s loophole-closing revenues.
Vote NO on Prop 22
• Prop 22 is a carve out in law that allows Uber and app companies to deny their drivers rights and protections like paid sick leave, workers compensation or unemployment benefits.
• Prop 22 exempts these multi-billion-dollar gig corporations from contributing to safety net programs we all need like Social Security, Medicare and Unemployment Insurance
• This measure threatens good, middle-class union jobs. If these companies succeed in buying this election, their low-pay, no-protection business model will expand in virtually every industry, leading to unprecedented job loss and a race to the bottom.
I Need Your Support!
It takes tremendous community support to achieve political goals, and volunteers are at the very heart of our mission. Whether you want to help plan the next event, or would simply like to make a monetary contribution to Taylor Sims and her political efforts, get in touch today and see how you can start working towards a better tomorrow.